Monday, July 26, 2010
Friday afternoon, a little girl walked in our office with her mother. I glanced at her, smiled and waved and she waltzed right over, jumped in my lap and sat with me the entire time. It was absolutely precious.
Made my day, really.
I had a fabulous weekend. Back to the grind today. Oh, Monday.
Friday, July 23, 2010
2. Yesterday, work was fun. The other girls in the office and I literally laughed until we cried and I honestly couldn't even really tell you what it was about. It felt good though and needless to say, we didn't really get anything done yesterday afternoon. I think we're alloted that for all the work that we do get done though, right? Sure.
3. My boyfriend is sweet. He really spoils me. This is my "I know you love me and will do anything I ask" when I want something face. He always gives in. Most always, at least.
4. I had scorching coffee this morning that burned my tongue and now it feels like sand paper. This is really not good.
5. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to see through someone elses eyes? Like do people with brown eyes see colors differently than people with green eyes? For instance, we all know and have been taught colors and shades but what if your blue was my orange or so on and so forth. Does that make sense? It's really a little bit frustrating to think about, but I just can't help but wonder. And how would anyone ever know? You could never look through somoene elses eyes. Ever. So, you just never know. It's kind of like people saying that dogs see in black and white. I beg to differ. My dog knew colors. I know it. How would anyone ever be able to tell that anyway? Or people saying when you have a dream that you're falling and if you don't wake up before you hit the ground, you will die in your sleep. Again, how is this really and truly proven? Ah, I could go on and on. For the sake of yours and even, my own sanity, I'll stop.
6. Sometimes working in customer service is exasperating. People really should consider what it's like to be in another's shoes. If anything, it has made me empathize with other CSR's out there. Gotta stick together. I truly understand. My motto is "kill em with kindness" and it works most of the time but then there are those ones who are going to be mean, rude and nasty no matter how polite and understanding you seem to be. I would be lying if I said that I never cried about it or took it personally. It's hard not to sometimes. Fellow CSR's, receptionists or anyone that deals with the public on a daily basis- you're incredible.
7. I'm going to the river on Sunday with some of my most favorite people. We're going tubing all day. I'm so excited. You have no idea. I just wish Ben could join. Dangit.
8. I need a vacation. Soon. Really soon. I think it's in the works. It needs to happen and SOON. Do you feel the emphasis on "soon"?
9. I would like to visit a zoo.
10. Have you ever thought about going an entire day without listening to any music whatsoever? Do you think you could do it? I honestly don't think that I could. I think the withdrawl symptoms would be so brutal.
That's all I got.
It's Friday. Rejoice with me!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
However, we love it. And I especially love the Pixar 3D movies. Who doesn't?
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Ben and I went antiquing all day on Saturday and we came upon some pretty fabulous things. Among them is this marvelous Polaroid Land Camera from circa 1957. It's in mint condition and I believe it works! I'm going to attempt to order the film that it takes so I can try her out.
Saturday evening, we went out to hear our friends play music as they are about to relocate to Nashville to pursue their dreams.
Alex and I
The boyfriend and I.
All that to say, I had a pretty wonderful weekend. I hope you did as well.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Monday, July 19, 2010
Friday, July 16, 2010
2. This would be me after one too many cheeseburgers. Scarrrrrry.
3. I already regret posting this picture.
5. I'm ready for the weekend. Ben will be gone next weekend. He gets to go to Los Angeles. I'm not jealous at all.
7. Banana peppers are delicious and they actually helped settle my stomach. Weird much? I hate pepto bismol.
8. I feel like everyone around me is getting engaged, married and/or having babies and its freaking me out. We're not old enough for this! Wait...dang...we are. Scary.
9. My new favorite snacks are snap pea crisps from publix. (In the greenwise section). Try em.
10. Look at this picture of my sister and I from 2006. I just found it on my old photobucket account. Weird.
I miss her.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
These just touched my heart and I thought I'd share. :)
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Anyway, she comes in and is gasping for air, has a scarf secured tightly around her balding head and sits down with a smile stretched across her face and says "I'm sorry I'm so late. I know you're about to close but my radiation makes it difficult for me to get out in the sun." Punch in the gut number 2. I assure her that it's my pleasure to assist her and will stay as late as I need to in which she grabs my hand and states "You are a true gem and I thank you". Tears began to surface but I choked them back with great force and finished out the application process with her and chatted a bit as she goes into a little detail of the hardship and battle with cancer that she is undergoing. She thanks me again and her eyes display true appreciation. I just kept thinking of how much she had just taught me.
Right when I left work and got into my car, the floodgates opened up. I couldn't stop my flow of tears and I just kept thanking God over and over and over again for reminding me what it's all about.
It's so easy to allow our emotions, problems, situations and unforunate circumstances determine our attitudes. SO easy. However, I am abundantly thankful for the heaviness and weightiness of this lesson that I learned yesterday. It was surely heavy and it definitely made an enormous impact on me.
So, "Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".
Monday, July 12, 2010
Ben met his nephew for the first time today and this picture literally made me tear up. (What is it about the man you love holding a baby that is so incredibly beautiful and moving?)
Saturday afternoon, Ben came over and made me lunch! He knew that I wanted Spain to win the world cup (and I'm SO glad that they did), so he made nachos for us with the most delicious guacamole ever. Boy can cook. So sweet. We watched the World Cup match for 3rd place together and just hung out.
Sunday, Ben came over and we watched the world cup final which wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be and it was kind of stressful. Am I right? I was, however, pleased that Spain won. They deserved it.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Apart from being happy for her because she's having an amazing time with family and friends today, I'm a little sad because a) I can't be there and b) this is the first birthday I've ever missed. See our family makes a huge ordeal out of birthdays. They're a big deal. Always. We love them.
So happy 22 years to my dear sister, partner in crime, best friend, secret keeper and continual encourager. She knows me probably better than just about anyone. We share all of the same memories and she's always been in my corner. Always. I am so blessed to have two of the most amazing, genuine and beautiful sisters and I couldn't be more proud of both of them.
So, here are some sweet photos of my lovely Ashton through the years.
Friday, July 9, 2010
I don't know what to title this but I feel like a post without a title is pretty lame, so here is a title.
Last night was going to be so good. I was going to a friend's house to pick up a collection of super sweet vintage cameras and video cameras that we purchased together to split and then Ben and I were going to do something fun.
That plan got royally screwed.
Well, I got to my friend's house and turned off the car to go in to be notified that she was in fact, not home yet. So, I did what any normal person in Florida would do right now- got back in my car to get in some AC because this July heat is nearly unbearable. Turned my key and "click, click, click, click, click...nothing" No vroom vroom vroom.
"Car, I just put nearly 700 dollars into you and you're supposed to be fixed."
So, when Dads live so far away, it's really great to have a sweet boyfriend who will come to your rescue. There I sat on a hot florida sidewalk downtown beside my sick car in wait for my sweet guy.
It ended up taking over our entire night and thankfully, Ben's dad came and helped. Had to drop off my car at a mechanic last night and it should hopefully be fixed today. I'm quite terrified of what this might do to my wallet though.
The silver lining- It is indeed, Friday.
Happy Friday, Folks.
Hey, have a listen to my sweet tune selection on the right ----->
Thursday, July 8, 2010
it was beautiful as you can very well see. see?
actually, it wasn't a tourist visit by any means. the picture might have fooled you. i went there on a missions trip and it was a beautiful experience. i've been twice. both beautiful and very different experiences. heartwrenching and heartwarming all at the very same time.
i heart mexico.
i need to return.
so far i've visited italy and mexico as far as other countries go. i've barely scratched the surface on my "places to go before i die" list. luckily, i don't plan on dying anytime soon. however, the sooner i can board a plane to cross the atlantic, the better.
the world is calling my name.
I'd love to have a macbook. My PC has a virus. I can't afford to get it fixed.
I just don't have the best of luck with electronic items. I'm not meant for snazzy things, I guess.
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
You know why?
Because I keep buying things like this...
Which works like a charm and plays my vinyls beautifully might I add.
Because after you eat your cake, you can't have it. Even though you already had it. Ah, here I go again. Typical overanalyzation.
What are your thoughts concerning this overused idiom?
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Learning. I'm learning a lot. I'm realizing a lot.
I'm trying my best to make changes in and of myself and polish areas of my life that need polished.
It's not an easy feat, I tell you.
Thursday, July 1, 2010
My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Marshall family.
Baby Cohen's memorial service is today.