Thursday, July 16, 2009

Is this real?

My heart has remained undoubtedly heavy for the Billings Family during this very dark time in our communty. I still am in disbelief that this happened to such wonderful people and in MY town. It's frightening, heartbreaking and absolutely sickening that anyone has the audacity to commit such a viscious and hateful crime. Now there are 8 suspects in custody. What in the world? I am just so broken for these children and the family of this dear couple. I have so many unanswered questions. I'm thankful that they have caught these evil people and I pray that light will be shed on this case and the truth be brought forth. Its quite interesting to see my hometown town on every single national news network, unfortunate but interesting that the world is watching Pensacola. I will say that authorities have done an excellent job with the investigation of this case and continue to do so. I just hope and pray that this is resolved sooner than later so that the family can grieve and go forward with their lives as best they can. Their lives have been completely turned upside down and I can't even imagine what it would feel like, nor do I want to.

I came across Mrs. Billings' myspace and sat and cried along with my mom as we watched slideshow after slideshow of pictures of their family and read this mother's heart. Though I never met these people, they do only live miles away from me and this tragedy has affected our entire community greatly. I just don't understand, nor will I ever. May God bless and comfort them.

I really don't have much else to write about. It has been an absolutely insane week for various reasons and in many aspects. Life has been crazy, scary, sad, heartwrenching, confusing, and disrupted. One thing I know though, is that I am so very blessed beyond belief in so many ways.

Some very good friends of mine are also enduring hardships and heartache and it has been very hard to sit back and observe. I know that God will ultmately be the ONLY one to bring them peace and consistency and all I can really do is pray and do my best to be there for them as best as I can.

That's all for now. Thank you all for your sweet comments of concern and encouragement on my previous post.

7 comments:

Liz said...

Praying for you...

Morgan Owens said...

I've seen that in the news. It is AWFUL. They were such kind-hearted individuals who took care of ALL of those kids like their own and then that happened. It's so sad and their family is in my thoughts and prayers as well, especially their children.

Elizabeth Banta said...

I know, this whole thing is beyond heartberaking! :( I still see the faces of their children left behind and it makes me soo sad inside.
I'm praying for their family, I don't understand how GOOD people can be taken away like that.. it just doesn't add up to me.
I know what u mean about seeing your town all across national news! We saw that with the Casey/Caylee Anthony case for months & months. Her house is not far from us and Nathanael drives past where she is currently being held (Orange Co. jail) every morning. Crazy stuff!

Mitzy said...

This whole story is VERY VERy sad!.

I remember when the Jessie Davis case happened a couple years ago, It happened litteraly within 15 mins from my house!!!..
We didnt know what had happened until we woke up one morning to the sound of about 4 -5 helicoptors flying all above our neighborhood!.. So scarey!!!
It really makes ya think when something like that hits so close to home!!

My heart goes out to all those kids!

whit e said...

Amber, it's so crazy to be here and hear all of these things from home, news from the community, and our small community of friends. Let me just tell you my prayers have been with every one of you guys, especially over this past week. God is in control and He really is the only one who can heal and comfort. I love you!

Avian | nestparty.com said...

I just found your blog (not sure how, but one blog led to another to another, etc.), but I just wanted to let you know my heart is breaking right along side of you. Pensacola is my home town - I'm a Pensacola Christian Academy girl! When I turned on FoxNews a few days ago while at work... I just couldn't believe it. I felt like another hurricane Ivan had hit me! We should be diligent in keeping the family in our thoughts and prayers.

PS On a more joyful note ... Great blog! ;)

Unknown said...

That has been an awful story. Like you, I am so glad and grateful that the law enforcement peoples have done their job and continue to do an excellent job. It is so horrifying to know that some children just lost BOTH their parents to something so vile, cruel and evil. I have been praying for them and for justice - however, you bring up the most excellent point. God judges us all. He will take care of the people that have done this.
Prayers for all of you there in the town - it must have been so upsetting and traumatizing to have to go thru all this... sad sad.