Wednesday, December 21, 2011

*NEWS*

With the new year rapidly approaching, I've been quite reflective of this past year and all of the WONDERFUL memories that were made and moments that were shared. I would venture to say that 2011 has been the best year of my life. From getting engaged to the man I adore and love with all of my heart, planning the wedding of my dreams to marrying my amazing new husband- it's all been such bliss and perfection. I couldn't be more thankful for my husband and the new life we've begun together. It has been so much fun and is only the beginning of the most beautiful, anticipated journey and adventure.

God has blessed us immensely and given us so much more than we deserve and we are ever so thankful. His grace really is sufficient and He is the ultimate provider and caretaker. Why I ever worry is beyond me because He truly never lets us go without. It will certainly be hard to out-do 2011 but I believe that 2012 holds so many amazing opportunities and excitement as we begin a new journey...

Which brings me to "our news"!!!

And NO, I am not pregnant as you might otherwise suspect. We JUST got married, people. Geez. ;)

We are actually packing up our lives and moving to Charlotte, NC in approximately 3 weeks!

Crazy, I know.

Life has a way of unsuspectingly throwing surprises at you and this certainly was one of those surprises! The series of events that unfolded around this decision are pretty crazy and have only confirmed that this is in fact the next step that God has ordained for us. So, we are officially taking the plunge!

While this is an exciting step, it is also very sad as it means that we are having to leave our wonderful parents here, our dear, sweet friends who mean so much to us, our church family, our amazing jobs, our cozy little apartment that we've made our home and leaving Pensacola in general as we love it so much because it is in fact, "home" to us. Bittersweet is an appropriate word to describe our feelings and emotions toward this new step.

It's going to be a unique season of transition for us so keep us in your thoughts and prayers, if you will. We firmly believe that God is leading us in this direction and we've learned that where He leads, He also provides. We have faith in this truth and are thankful for His guidance in our lives.

To those of you in Pensacola, we'd love to see you before we leave! However, we know how crazy the holidays can be and understand if that is not possible. We love you all and you mean so much to us! We'll be back to visit and you can always visit us :)

To those of you in Charlotte, get ready because the Rhodes are coming in town TO STAY this time! :)

We love you all!

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How wonderful! Won't you be in the same city as your family then! That's great!