Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Relieved.

I had a mega scare.

I was under the impression that I may not be able to go to Charlotte and be with my family this Thanksgiving due to work related issues. Yesterday, I was more than stressed and completely down about the entire situation.

This morning my boss assured me that I could, in fact take next Wednesday off to drive up there. Thank you, Lord! I honestly didn't know how I was going to tell my mom that I wasn't going to be able to come. Ay. She would have lost it.

I can't wait to be with my family. I miss them more than words can express. Thanksgiving is by far one of my all time favorite holidays with Christmas following close behind. It's weird to think that I won't be with them for the entire Holiday season. That makes me really sad. I get 4 days off for Christmas and we're all going to West Virginia to be with my Mom's side of the family. I am stoked! We haven't spent a holiday with them since I was little. I am very close with them. It will be wonderful! I'm very much looking forward to it.

Life is still crazy in every way possible. I'm not even really taken by surprise anymore. I'm embracing this season of my life with pure intentions and an open mind and heart. At least thats what I'm telling myself. Pshhh. Who am I kidding?

It looks as though I'll have someone accompanying me in my travels to Charlotte next week per their sweet offer. Take a wild guess as to who it might be...

My, oh my.

4 comments:

A Moms Perspective said...

Yes "Mom" would have ideed LOST it!
Can't wait to see you and I'm making all your favorite things and counting the days!

Unknown said...

Ya...so exciting!!! I noticed we work for the same company :)-
Aren't they just the BESTEST when it comes to taking time off? Yep...yep!!!

Shanny said...

Yay, that's great!!!!!
And being able to spend the holiday with your mom's side of the family sounds like a wonderful way to end this busy busy busy year of yours. =)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

well that's great that you're going to be able to see them!