Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Impacted.

Tears streaming down my face.

Due to a facebook status of someone I went to Bible college with years ago- a simple statement about a 26 year old young woman who passed into eternity today. It linked me to her facebook where there were literally hundreds of comments from people all over the world who were/are so impacted and touched by this young Missionary woman.

My heart is heavy.

I found her blog through her facebook as well as many other links and stories about this girl's life- a woman who has traveled to 20 different countries and committed her life fully and completely to reaching the lost and hurting, teaching foreign children, loving the unloved and uncared for and literally giving up her life to gain SO much more in return.

She died from a blood clot in her brain this morning.

I didn't know her. I've never heard of her but I know people who do.

I just read her blog and also read a tribute to her here.
Needless to say, I'm deeply moved.

“If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself,
and take up his cross, and follow Me."
-Matthew 6:24-


"Denying of self" desperately needs to take place in my life.

RIP Joy Bausum. Thank you for heeding the call and touching so many lives, mine included.

"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints."
Psalm 116:15

3 comments:

Cole Franke said...

such a beautiful life and just to imagine where she is right now gives me chills. her life is definitely an inspiration.

Shayla said...

Hey beautiful!!!

Getting married has put me so behind on blogs!

Is your man still away???

This post is just heartwrenching. Hown wonderful is it to be SO young and have the Lord say- Im ready for you to come home!!! but at the same time, we miss people with so much potential to save others :S

Southern Gal said...

Joy was a dear friend and a lovely lady. You are right on with your tribute. I've put some links on my blog if you want to read more about her incredible life. Thank you for the prayers for her family.