Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'll walk through the valley...

I'm reminded of a certain song today, "If you want me to" by Ginny Owens. If you havent heard it, then I suggest you find it somewhere and listen to it. I can't tell you how much it means to me. It clearly speaks about this journey called "life" and how so many times we don't understand why we are where we are but for some reason we've been led there and we're in fact not alone. I always cry when I hear it because it reminds me to trust, even when I'm so doubtful and confused. It reminds me that this is all for some reason greater than me, greater than what I'm going through. Even the smallest of things that crush and break me are all for a reason and each shatter is actually making me stronger. It's so far fetched I know, yet so simple at the same time. The words are profound so to speak and were indefinitely written from a heart that had endured great pain and grief. However in the midst of every trial, she yielded to Him and stated "If you want me to". I'm posting the lyrics below. I hope they can in some way give you strength and hope. Whatever you may be going through, you're not alone.



"If You Want Me To"
Ginny Owens

The pathway is broken And The signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley If You want me to

Cause I'm not who I was When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will go through the fire If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone

So When the whole world turns against me And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through
And I will walk through the valley If You want me to

No comments: