Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm it!

Candi tagged me! I haven't been tagged in a while and I always feel special when someone tags me. =)

Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.

2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about you.

3. Tag 7 random people at the end, and include links to their blog


So, I'm supposed to list 7 random facts about myself. This shouldn't be too difficult...

1. I am ocd about the interior condition and odor of my car. I change my air freshener every week and I vacuum it frequently. I love it when people get in my car and say "wow, your car is so clean and it smells good!". I guess it might be because it's the first "nice" vehicle I've ever owned and the first car that I have purchased myself so I take pride in it and want it to be immaculate!

2. When my sister and I were little, my mom had our hair cut short and I hated it. Every time we went to the salon, I would cry the entire way there and the entire way home. I absolutely hated getting my hair cut, especially short. So when ash and I would play "house" in our playroom downstairs we would take our stretchy black pants and pull them over our heads and pretend that we had gorgeous, flowing raven locks of hair. One day we were completely consumed with our game and in walked a guy who had been staying with us. He, of course laughed, poked fun and called us "nuns". I was absolutely horrified and embarrassed. (I got embarrassed really easily, still do) and alas that was the last time I ever wore a pair of black stretchy pants on my head. Haha

3. For those of you who are not aware of this already, I was bit by a copperhead snake at the age of 2 1/2 and nearly died. (I believe this is a repeat, sorry). I've also had many other random and freak encounters with odd animals, such as opossums. All crazy stories.

4. I can quote Anne of Green Gables and Little Women backwards and forwards. You don't ever want to watch those movies with me because I will annoy you to no end.

5. Never would I publicly demean anyone, ever. I absolutely hate it when people do that to me and I hate watching it happen to others. However, if you demean or belittle me publicly I hold a secret grudge and it's very difficult for me to get over it although I usually do eventually. Public demeaning is a huge "no no". I also tend to take things too personally, which is something I've had to overcome in the last year due to my work environment. I'm still working on that though. It can be a monster at times and I feel inferior way too often when it creeps up on me.

6. I'm easily pleased. It really doesn't take much to make me happy. It's the little things that make my life so great, such as coffee and conversations with my mom, e-mailing my dad during the day, going home after work to a home cooked meal, family and good friends and reading. I love stuff like that. Some of my greatest memories are home lived.

7. My family is overly dramatic and high strung. I think I lean more toward being like my dad as far as "laid back" goes, although I do have the tendancy to be dramatic when necessary. For the most part, I'm very "go with the flow". I'm very conservative in thought, opinions, beliefs, dress and style. A lot of my friends and sister's friends like to call this "old fashioned and boring". However, I am completely content with it. I'm open minded as well, but not too much. I think that being too open minded can be just as harmful, if not more than being closed minded.

There you have it my friends. I have sucessfully completed my task of being tagged and enjoyed it as well!

So, it is now my turn to nominate 7 of you to execute this task and continue the tagging force!

I choose LuLu, Andrea, Mrs.Leah.Maria, Lindsey, Sarah, Karen and Shanny

Hope you're all having a splendid day! =)

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Loved learning more about you!

Anonymous said...

LOL I loved the stretchy pants story!

Shanny said...

Aww, my first tag! I gotta think it through before I post mine =)

Your hair/pant story is too cute! Wonder what the guy actually thought? lol. And I'm with you with never demeaning other people. I honestly loose some respect for the people I've seen do this to others. It makes me sad and upset.