Saturday, June 27, 2009

So much love.

The precious Volk family made their leave yesterday afternoon and my heart was unbelievably sad to say goodbye to these wonderful people. I hate goodbyes.

We all went and watched "My Sister's Keeper" before they left and oh.my.gosh. Not a good note to end on. That movie is emotionally draining. Tears continuously poured and poured and poured from all of our eyes during the entire course of the film. Here is a picture to prove it. I definitely recommend going to see this movie, if you think you can handle it. It is very moving but also heart wrenching.














I'm so sad that they are all gone. Our house feels so empy and lifeless today as I am the only one here along with my parents. It's been a long and very eventful week so rest is appreciated but I just want everyone back :(

Now, one of us smiling... Gosh i have so much love in my heart for all of them. They are so uplifting and just incredible. Words can't even explain...
















I got to spend the entire day yesterday with one of the sweetest and most amazing friends of mine, Beth Taylor and it was so refreshing and relaxing. I love every moment spent with her. She is amazing.

Didn't end up going to Tampa :( Said friend earlier mentioned was scheduled to work a double and could not get out of it. It works out for the best though. I am exhausted from a long week and I'll be making my way down there to see him in a few weekends. It's all good.

I can't forget to mention my deep sadness over the death of Michael Jackson. What a total shock! I still can't believe it. I have watched many specials and tributes and they make me so sad. My sister and I used to be obsessed with his music video in Free Willy. I believe we watched it about 5 times the other night...oh the memories. My heart and prayers go out to his family during this time. I know there has been a lot of controversy and accusations over the last few years but he was most definitely a world known icon, will always be the "King of Pop" and he does bear a soul. RIP Michael Jackson. Also, RIP Farrah Fawcett. MJ's death overshadowed hers but she was also very much loved and died in her battle against cancer. I watched part of the documentary that she did going through her cancer and it is heartbreaking. Loved her. June 25th was a crazy day!

I hope you're all having a tremendous weekend!

2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Glad you had a great time!
I know I can't believe MJ is gone! Plus Farrah!

Holli said...

I want to see My Sister's Keeper so bad! Think I may make the hubs sit through it with me.....