Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thought I'd share.















I'm not sure if any of you were able to catch the Grammy's on Sunday night or not, but I unfortunately did not. I'm so upset that I missed it. =( We are ghetto and dont have DVR yet, so I suppose I'm forced to watch the performances online.

It was no surprise to me when I learned that Alison Krauss and Robert Plant won various nominations for their album released in 2007, Raising Sand. I have been addicted to the album recently and I most definitely recommend purchasing! If you like a bluesy/pop/folksy/slight rock sound then this is the album for you, my friend! They introduce unlikely, sublime harmonies and the two are simply divine together. Alison Krauss and her seraphic voice mixed with Robert Plant and his ethereal, earthy tone create a most definite classic collection with a timeless sound. Their producer is genius. You don’t have to be a fan of the country, blues or folk genres to appreciate the brilliance of this inspired collaboration. Call me crazy but I'm completely enamored with this music.

You all should know that my taste in music is widely versatile. However it may come as a surprise to you that I thoroughly enjoy bluegrass/folk music. Bluegrass as in, mandolins, banjos, fiddles, violin and all those sweet stringed instruments. I'm enchanted by pure musical talent and luring harmonies. I've always been a fan of Alison Krauss. Her voice is one of perfect pitch and her harmonizing abilities are simply angelic. Love her. Love him. Love the album.

Stick with me Baby is my personal favorite.

Now go listen and tell me what you think! :)

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm off to catch up on all of your blogs!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

They won a lot of Grammy's!! I guess I need to start listening to them, thanks for the review!

Anonymous said...

I too love her music. It really is so soft and her voice is just beautiful.

Thank you for the kind comment you left. :)

Robert said...

I like their music...we're ghetto too no dvr or vcr anymore just a dvd player that just plays dvd doesn't record...just as Nacho Libre would say "It sucks to be me right now :)"