Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mom.

Mom, I know you're waiting for an update as I believe you're my most faithful reader. ;) So, this one is in honor of YOU.

It's not her birthday, Mother's day or anything special like that. It's just an ordinary day and I'm thinking about how amazing my mom is.

Thank you Mom for all that you have done and for all that you do for us. I don't tell you enough how much I appreciate you and how much you mean to me. I can't imagine not having you to talk to or confide in. You really are the most amazing, selfless and beautiful person ever. Everyone knows it. I've never known anyone more hospitable and welcoming than you are. You always go out of your way for us and everyone else. You go above and beyond your role as a mother.

You were the best teacher I could have asked for and ensured that we all got a solid education and you always made everything so much fun with your plethora of unit studies and field trips. You're the best doctor when we're sick, the best listener when we're going through something, the best target when we need to take something out on someone (I hate even admitting this one but its true because you never hold ANYTHING against us and always say "that's what families are for- you can let your hair down at home and it won't be held against you".) Ashamedly, I haven't always given you the respect you so deserve and for that, I'm sorry.

Thank you for always supporting ours and Dad's dreams and for standing by us in whatever decisions we've made. You're my number one fan and for that, I couldn't be more thankful. Thank you for remaining humble and selfless and for showing us what a Wife and Mother should be. Thank you for pointing us in the right direction. Sure, we've messed up but our roots run deep and we all know the truth and direction from the compass you and Dad have instilled within us.

Thank you for telling us we're beautiful and that our worth is of utmost value. Thank you for your support, direction, advice, prayers and for simply listening.

Thank you for always having hot meals on the table for dinner and for being the most incredible cook EVER. Seriously, all of our friends always say how they only wish their mom could cook as good as you do! Thank you for also teaching us how to cook. I don't think I'll ever measure up to the cook that you are, though!

Thank you for always making every holiday so special. This is another area that you go above and beyond in. Thanksgivings, Christmases, New Years, Birthdays and Easters etc. All of our traditions and baking etc. make them SO much more special and unique.

Thank you for everything, Mom. I could go and on and on but I'll close by saying that I have no doubt in my mind that you're the absolute best at everything you do but most importantly, at being a Mom. I don't give you enough credit and I certainly don't tell you enough how grateful I am for you and Dad. You both have given us beyond what we need and deserve. We're so blessed and I thank God for giving you both to me.

I hope I'm at least a fraction of the person you are.

I love you so very much!

xo

Amber

4 comments:

A Moms Perspective said...

Amber, I'm crying. Thank you so much for the beautiful words. I know I make mistakes but I liove you more than life. You are more amazing, beautiful, talented and loving than I could have ever imagined you would be from the moment I first held you held you in my arms. Love forever Mom <3

Sierra said...

Oh Amber that was so precious, I love how thankful you are for your mom and that you don't take your family or life for granted...that is so important and amazing and I am touched. I too am so thankful for my mom, she has touched my life in the same way. Take care sweetie and hope you are having a better day today!

Elizabeth Banta said...

Gosh, if that did not make your Mom cry, nothing would. That made me cry!! I don't know how this post slipped by me, soo sweet! Your Mom sounds for lack of a better word, amazing! THAT is the kind of lady I strive to be as well. What an honor it is to have her in your life - and likewise, she is so incredibly blessed to have YOU as a daughter.

So beautiful.

alyssa said...

makes me wanna cry! i pray to be half of that!!