Tuesday, May 11, 2010

one week and ramona.

In exactly one week from today, I will be saying goodbye to Ben for an entire month. I know that this is nothing compared to some of you who have military husbands or boyfriends who go overseas for months or even, years at a time. I commend you, respect you and have so much admiration for you. I don't know how you do it.

It will be a long month to say the least. The good thing is, my whole family comes into town the very day that he leaves so I won't have too much time to be sad.

However, when they leave, I imagine I'll be a heap. Oh dear.

I can't wait to see them though!
_______________________________________

Do any of you remember this series?



These books were assigned to me by Mrs. Gum when I was in 2nd grade and I was obsessed. I read them all in no time.

Last night I learned that they are making a Ramona movie and nostalgia immediately set in as I so vividly remembered reading these books and being so into them when I was 8 years old.
I loved Ramona Quimby.

Yes, books are always better but I will definitely be seeing this in July. Don't make fun.

Hope you're all having a fantastic week so far!

6 comments:

Sarah xo said...

Awh, I can only imagine how much you'll miss him! When the bf went to a wedding abroad last summer for a week, I missed him so much. I know it sounds a bit dramatic, but I couldn't help it.

Family will make you smile! xo

Annie said...

you have all us ladies to keep you company while he is away!! :)
it will be tough but you are a strong independant girl, the time will fly by!

i remember those books, i loved them as well!! i think i read them in third grade! too cute they are making a movie. i kind of want to see it as well!

Lindsey said...

You are a stronger woman than me. Garth is going out of town for the weekend and I'm bummed. Hats off to you! Here's hoping time flies! And maybe get some good books, I recc "American Wife" - I can't put it down!

Unknown said...

One month is a long time, girl! I'm validating your feelings. Jim went out of town for a week and I was a crying mess when I dropped him off. I came home and sobbed over the plate of macaroni and cheese he ate just before leaving! haha! Even now, when he works 48 hour shifts, I sit at home missing him like crazy.
Here's to hoping the time flies. Keep youself busy and he'll be home before you know it :)

Sierra said...

I had no idea that they were making a movie on Ramona - so sweet and I must see it!

Aww, hang in there about your boyfriend. I know it must be hard spending time a part, but I am sure it will only make your relationship all the more sweeter when he returns. Glad the fam is there for you too when he leaves!

suzy said...

THEY ARE MAKING A MOVIE OF MY BOOKS!? well not MY books but..you know. "my" books.
and sorry. i hate caps. i just felt they were very necessary right then.