Wednesday, May 12, 2010

tardy.

I didn't hear my alarm go off this morning thus causing me to be 20 minutes late for work.

You know- the "jump out of bed, freak out, run around your room hurredly, throwing things around, can't find anything to wear, hear is a mess, put your make up on in the car, forget something, speed the whole entire way to work" kind of late.


So frustrating and totally throws your entire day off.

Upon entering the office, I approached my boss and proclaimed "I have no cool story as to why I'm late and I'm a really bad liar, so I'm going to spare the both of us and just tell you that I really didn't hear my alarm go off this morning. I'm sorry."

It worked! He laughed and said, "Girl, you're cool! It happens."

:Huge sigh of relief:

Honesty really is always the best policy. Thanks Mama!

I'm swamped up to my ears in paperwork and I have a ridiculous amount of follow up's that I must complete today. Coffee is my best friend right now. I assure you that I will not be without a cup at any point today.

Here's to it being mid week.

Lord, please help this day pass quickly.

No comments: