Friday, November 14, 2008

I can't think of a title...

Well, I haven't had much time to update this week due to the fact that I have been insanely busy at work. I'm learning a lot more and thus my daily workload is widening. We have a new lady who was hired on as of last week and so far, I love her! She is really sweet, extremely helpful (she has worked for State Farm for 10 years) and fun too. I'm really happy with the adjustment and I think she is going to be a great asset to the office! Good things all around as far as the job front goes. I'm really trying to build up the needed confidence to go hand in hand with my motivation in order to go above and beyond my expectations as an employee. I'm not the greatest sales person to walk the planet, in fact I'm really not too good at all. I'm very easy going and I personally don't like it when people nag me, so when people tell me "no", I say "okay!". Ummm, that needs to change, especially if I want to be a great employee. I would say that my customer service skills FAR outweigh my sales skills. I suppose everyone has their nitch somewhere and mine does not happen to be in sales, unfortunately. I'm open to new ideas and so willing to learn though!

It's Friday, can you see me smiling? :)

Tonight the Gills are playing at Pensacola Beach and I am really looking forward to it. Their music is like a happy drug or something. Look them up on myspace and I'm sure that you won't be disappointed. They're good friends as well. I'm happy and thankful for good friends. I am blessed. I've been hanging out with new people lately and I'm really enjoying getting to know some really sweet girls.

Happy all around. Good times ahead.

I've kept my word as far as my spin class goes! Aren't you proud? I haven't missed a week yet!! Can you say PROGRESS? I am quite happy with it and it is SUCH a stress reliever. Not to mention my best friend has been accompanying lately and we've been kicking some major butt! Love it! Love the adrenaline, the speed and even the pain, oddly.

I was at our mall last night and they have already started decorating for Christmas. I got SO excited that I waltzed down to Starbucks, purchased a peppermint mocha and walked around soaking in all of the sights as well as the plethora of holiday scents eminating from the Yankee Candle store! Such a great feeling! I then walked outide into the reality of the 70 degree weather and it totally ruined my euphoria. Oh Florida, why must you insist on being so bipolar when it comes to the weather?

Wow, this is a pretty boring post. The next one will have more depth, I promise :)

Have a fabulous weekend!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOunds like you have a FUN evening planned!!!
I admire you for being such a hard worker, those are sooo hard to fine these days!! Great job!

All the stores here are decorating for Christmas as well, I LOVE it!!.. We had a warm day today as well, it was in the 60's.. but... Not to brag or anything... but there is snow in the forcast for like the next 5 days...

Have a awesome weekend !! :-)

Sarah said...

Yankee Candle is the best, especially at Christmas! Enjoy the warm weather--we're getting snow here soon and while it's pretty, it stinks to drive in!

Jessica said...

Great post! I actually enjoyed it a lot, even though you say it was boring. It's good to hear you sounding so upbeat!

Have a terrific weekend, and if you have to, just jack up the air conditioning so it's cold inside, if not outside. We Georgia folks have to deal with that some, too. =)

Lindsey said...

Great job on the spin classes!!! And a peppermint mocha sounds so delish!

Charlie said...

i was so excited when i saw christmas stuff in my mall too!! andddd gingerbread lattes from starbucks, literally make me happy. I actually said tonight, the second I drink them, I feel happy!! haha try one! I've got to try a peppermint mocha too!

shrever87 said...

oh my gosh..I am so jealous!! I was listening to the Gills this morning as I was getting ready for church..I really want them to come to Cali :) but even more than that..I want YOU to come visit!! You should come sometime in winter so you can experience the cold!! :) Christmas is coming and IM SO FREAKIN EXCITED!!! I've been listening to Christmas music and thinking of you..I love you and I miss you...seriously..you need to call me! We MUST catch up!!

Unknown said...

Good job with the spin class! I need to get my butt in gear :)

leah @maritalbless said...

Hope you're doing well my dear, you've been quiet.