Wednesday, November 26, 2008

This Thanksgiving.

It's so close that I can almost smell it. The gloriousness of it all- Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, breads, sweet potato casserole, honey baked ham, pumpkin pie, apple pie etc. Absolutely fantastic! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Currently working until 5:00 pm. I so have a case of "short week Holiday syndrome" as in, I don't have an ounce of motivation to work. Isn't that terrible? My mind is currently racing with "to do" lists, things I MUST pack before I leave tonight for Tallahassee and excitement for the holidays!

This week has been a very tiring one and I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a day free of worries, a time to be thankful for family, friends, life in general and all that I am blessed with. I think this year, I have even more to be thankful for. I am thankful for my family, thankful that we are alive and thankful that yet another year has come and gone of which I can look back and say, "Wow, I learned a lot from all of that!".

I'm currently trying with all of my might to seek out the lessons through the trials I am facing, though big or small. I see it as an opportunity to learn. Learning what "not" to do. Learning how to handle difficult situations, learning how to control my emotions and learning how to show more love. I've learned a lot this year and I am thankful for each lesson, even the ones that brought pain and enforced tears.

God is a good God. He desires to give us life and life more abundantly. He desires to lavish us with His love and shed light on our current situations. He longs to be near to us and to hear our heartcries. He craves our attention and even our imperfect love. His love is like no other. His love never fails, never forsakes, never cheats, never lies, and it always brings comfort to my heart. His love never changes, never grows weary, never gives up and it will never betray you. His love is everlasting, eternal, pure, perfect, complete, unconditional, redeeming, reviving, patient, precious, renewing, uncontainable, indescribable, gentle, firm, vast, deep, wide, rich, measureless, strong, comforting and honest. The love of God is greater than any tongue or pen can ever tell. There are no words to describe, no adjectives to fathom it, no minds who can even remotely comprehend it. His love is the ONLY perfect love. Demonstrated for us, for you, for me.

God is Love, and His love is very different from human love. God's love is unconditional, and it's not based on feelings or emotions. He doesn't love us because we're lovable or because we make Him feel good; He loves us because He is love. He created us to have a loving relationship with Him, and He sacrificed His own Son (who also willingly died for us) to restore that relationship.

I feel like I just had a revelation of that love in a way that I never have before.

So with that said, I hope that you have a tremendous Holiday tomorrow and that you get to experience true thankfulness and true appreciation for each and every solitary blessing in your lives.

Eat, drink and be merry! ;)

Happy Day before Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a great Thanksgiving dearie! We have so much to be thankful for!

Danya said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING AMBER!!! I hope you have a great day and enjoy your time off! Love you girl!! Boot shopping soon??

Lindsey said...

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving friend!