Wednesday, September 23, 2009

14 days and counting...

I'm currently on day 14.

Day 14 of what?. You might ask.

I have sucessfully gone two entire weeks without desserts, candy, chocolate of any sort, and sweets in general. My dear friends, this is a very huge accomplishment for me. You really have no idea.

I decided to give this up for an extended period of time mainly due to my being unsure of what was ahead of me. Kind of like a fast. I'm also finding mysef to be more energized and alert because of it. Whenever I have a sweet craving, I instead reach for an orange, apple, pineapple, cantaloupe etc. Needless to say, I have been consuming large portions of fruit lately.

I'm really not sure when I will come off of this. I just had to share my accomplishment of going 14 days without any sweets. This is definitely a first for me. I have been tempted from nearly every corner. Both of my parent's birthdays were last week and I even endured baking my favorite chocolate cake for my mom and did not even have one lick of batter, nonetheless a piece. Candy seems to be everywhere I go just screaming for me to unwrap it and let it melt on my tongue. For instance, we went to Olive Garden the other night and our waitress flung an andes chocolate mint candy right in front of my face. I so desired that thing but did not give into it's temptation. It feels quite good to conquer even the smallest of temptations.

If I can do this, I can do anything!

7 comments:

Elizabeth Banta said...

Wow, congrats on the 14 days!! That is not an easy thing to do, I know from experience!! ha. That was funny about ur waitress flinging the mint in front of you lol. That is willpower right there muh friend!!

said...

Thanks so very much for the sweet comment you left on my blog today. It meant a lot to read your words.

On a side note: I admire your will power to not have any sweet for over 14 days! Wow - you have way more willpower than me! Great job :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Wow! That's a huge accomplishment. I don't know if i could do that

Annie said...

congrats girly!! that would no be easy!

Morgan Owens said...

Congrats Amber! I never liked sweets growing up, even as a kid I didn't even like candy much..weird huh?! That changed when I got pregnant and I haven't lost my sweet tooth yet! :) Keep up the good work girl!

Leah said...

Wow! That's great! I know you can keep going!

Anonymous said...

That is hard work! Congratulations for making it 14 days!