Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The news is out...

Yes. New news. Imagine that? Things rapidly change in my life if you haven't yet noticed. Sure makes for some stories though, huh?

As mentioned earlier, our house has sold and we have to be out by the 24th of October. That is 24 days to pack up our lives and embark on a new adventure.

As of last week, my Dad's current job situation fell through and it left my family feeling a bit apprehensive as they were unsure where they would be heading once we had to be out of the house. My Dad however, remained prayerful and faithful and encouraged all of us that "God would and will provide just as He always does. That door was simply closed because there is a better opportunity elsewhere and we just have to trust that God will lead us." His faith amazes me.

I had planned all along to stay put here in Pensacola. I have a great job, friends and I just love this area as this is essentially where I grew up and spent my most formative years.

That, however, could be changing.

After much prayer, consideration, meetings and evaluations it looks as though my family will be making their move to Charlotte, NC to rejoin FIRE Church and FIRE School of Ministry. In case you're wondering, FIRE stands for Fellowship for International Revival and Evangelism. We were apart of this church and school when it was birthed here in Pensacola, FL in 2000. In 2003 the entire church and student body relocated to Charlotte, NC and for various reasons, we stayed behind. We have remained in close contact with many from there and even made a road trip up there earlier this month to visit very dear friends.

I couldn't be more excited about this for my family! Although leaving Pensacola will be so very sad and hard, I believe this is going to be the best thing that could possibly happen. I'm honestly still in shock and disbelief.

As for me, I would love nothing more than to go. I just feel as though I need to stay committed to my current job until at least January 2010. I can transfer to a State Farm office up there quite easily but I just feel like I need to stay here for some more time for certain reasons. I love this job. I have the most amazing boss and co-worker ever. It's a true blessing.

So much is changing. I'm so happy that I can be somewhat excited about this move though. Leaving our house is still going to be unbearably difficult. I don't even like to entertain the thought but the days are very quickly vanishing and the 24th will be here before I know it :(

I'll keep you all updated as time progresses and more details come!

Are we crazy? Ahhh, so much to do in SO little time.

12 comments:

Leah said...

You do have a lot of changes going on! I'll be praying for your family through this transition.

Danya said...

Wow! So glad to hear God is guiding and providing! I will definitely be praying for your transition - I TOTALLY know how the moving stuff is, it's a mess and it's so emotional and tiring. Let me know if I can help in any way! Love you girl!

Unknown said...

Sweet Amber..what an exciting change for you and your family! As far as Charlotte..how fabulous! I'm from NC..it's a wonderful state! :) Prayers for your family during the transition and prayers for you...For you to have peace & a God-led decision!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's such a great thing for your family. I'm sure you'll join them when the time is right.

Elizabeth Banta said...

Wow - Yes, never a dull moment with you guys! haha. That is SO exciting about the upcoming move to NC for your family! God is ALWAYS faithful. We will be praying for all of you. :) I know it will be so hard watching them go, but it may just be for a short season like u mentioned. Wow.. The 24 days thing is what gets me lol. Crazy stuff girly ;)

Jessica said...

Wow, Amber......no kidding.....BIG changes in a SHORT period of time! Keep us posted on details. I pray God's blessings on you and your family as you trust Him in this new season of your life. From what I've been reading on here for awhile, it seems like God's been laying the framework for this for a long time.

Morgan Owens said...

I can't imagine the feelings you are feeling in your heart leaving your home, and your family must be having a difficult time with it as well. I'm sorry that this door has closed in your life, but I have faith like your dad does..and I know there will be a new, better door that will open for all of you! I hope God can lead your heart into making the best decision for yourself...and whatever you choose I hope you are happy! :)

Sierra said...

I'm sorry you have to leave your house, but I know God has a great plan in store for you. I am new to your blog and I love that you are so strong in your faith, I love God as well and it is nice to see His presence everywhere on your blog. Take care sweetie and hope moving goes alright for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, lots going on! I'm sure this is a stressful time for you, but it can also be so exciting! Everything will work out. :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I just found your blog through OceanDreams and hope the transition is smooth for you and your fam!!

Shanny said...

Oh I'm glad that God is indeed providing, he always does. I can imagine the difficulties of all that is changing but luckily you have each other no matter the distance. Hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.
By the way, I left you yet another award :)

Unknown said...

Woo hoo! God rocks! I'll be praying for your family during this transition.