Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday, Rainy Monday

I hope you all had a most wonderful Easter!

Mine was fabulous! I went to church yesterday morning at Calvary Chapel where they actually met at the Pensacola Civic Center as they do every Easter Sunday. Phil Wickham did the worship and it was so good. I LOVE him. He's definitely one of my favorite worship leaders, no doubt. I saw him live last year when he played at Calvary Chapel and it is undeniable that he posseses a true worshipers heart. If you haven't heard him, I suggest visiting his website or downloading his music on itunes. I would have to say that Divine Romance and True Love are my favorite songs. They are all so good though, really. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

After church we went home and had an amazing dinner prepared by my mom aka the greatest cook EVER. Rachel Ray and Paula Dean ain't got nothing on her! She dominates. We had honey baked ham, fresh green beans sauteed in garlic and parmesean, cheesy potato caserole, pasta salad, deviled eggs, rolls and to top it off a delicious punch bowl cake and chocolate delight for dessert. It was glorious. Our grandparents and best friends joined us for a very enjoyable dinner and after we ate and got everything cleaned up, we crashed! I am a huge fan of Sunday afternoon naps. There is nothing better than eating a nice big lunch after church on Sunday and then taking a good long nap. So divine.

Today is extremely gloomy, rainy and stormy. Yuck. It has been pouring down rain for nearly two hours and the thunder and lightning is nothing to shake a stick at. I love this type of weather if I am able to stay at home in my pj's but not on days that I have to work. Hmmmph.

April showers do bring May flowers though, don't they?

Well, I hope that you all had a tremendous Easter and had time to reflect upon the true meaning of this holiday we celebrate every year. Jesus isn't hanging on a tree, He isn't in the tomb and he's not staying in Heaven forever. One day He will return for His bride (us). Thanks to Him, we have hope for the future and for all of eternity.

Well, it's back to work for me.

Much Love!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Glad you had a great Easter! It's rainy here too, but if it brings the flowers then I'm ok with it!=)

leah @maritalbless said...

Sounds like a fabulous holiday!

yours truly... said...

Sweet post! Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter weekend!!

Have a great day sweet girl!