Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Compassion

I did it. I signed up to sponsor a child through Compassion International. It's an organization for children in poverty stricken countries and for those in unfortunate circumstances. I don't know what compelled me to do so, but I just had a desire to do it.

It may seem like an insignificant amount every month but it could very well promise a lot to this small girl from Guatemala.

Her name is Reyna, she's from Guatemala and she is 5 years old and adorable. I don't know why but her small face just stood out to me among the hundreds of frames of innocent little faces.

It's a really neat program. You basically sign up to send a monthly contribution and you keep in contact with the child through writing letters. I read a lot about it before I signed up and it is a very sincere organization that wishes to provide these unfortunate little ones an opportunity to attend school, and to reach out to children and young people who suffer from spiritual and physical poverty.

No comments: