Thursday, June 12, 2008

To live for, to die for

We're all roaming about this lowly planet trying as best we can to find something to live for. Some of us live for our jobs and careers, some live for the moment and some live to simply live. Some live as though they'll never die and some die as though they've never lived. We all desire a cause to live for and something we can die for. I know it's not something we like thinking about but death is real, as real as life. Suppose you believe that after you die it's just over. Just like that, life taken from you never to be obtained again. The ones you love that have already been victims of death are nothing but a mere and distant memory to you now. You live for yourself and of course the ones you love, so the sting of death can seem to strangle you when confronted with it. Suppose you don't believe in God, suppose the bible is a fairytale to you and nothing more than exaggerated stories and fables. Suppose that you don't go to church because you feel as though you don't "fit in" and suppose you've heard the name and the story of Jesus but it wasn't realistic enough to make you believe.

I'm not here to argue, I'm not here to debate and I'm certainly not here to shove anything down anyone's throats and prove that "I am right". I don't have all the answers, I can't answer all your whys, whats, whens and hows. I am as human as you are, as frail as you are on the inside. I'm as weak and as prone to stumbling as you are. I'm not here to judge you, I'm not here to look down on you and I'm not here to prove you wrong. I am simply desirous to share the hope and faith that I have. That's the only thing that makes me different. All I know is that when I am at my weakest, there is someone that always proves to me He's there. Not by me seeing but by this overwhelming feeling I get inside that is impossible to convey. It's like even when there are times that I've wanted to deny or question the exsistence of God something would happen that would make me realize how impossible it is. You could sit all day and read article after article about scientific "proof" that there is no God and build a belief based on them. You choose what you believe, God is never going to force Himself on you. He'll never force you to believe in Him. Whatever the case, you have a faith in something whether or not it is God or not believing in God. You still believe in something.

Now I could sit here and write scripture after scripture about the exsistence of God and the sacrifice of His son, Jesus who bore our sins and shame and died so that we may gain eternal life. I could try to pursuade you into believing in what all my hope, faith and trust is in but it wouldn't work. You have to want to believe.

I can't imagine living with no faith and hope. I can't imagine living as though when i die it's just over. I know the truth not because I was raised to know it but because deep in my heart of hearts I know it's true and I believe with my whole heart that we ALL have a place deep within that knows the truth, we can't deny it. We can mask it, we can ignore it, we can even hide it but we can't get rid of it completely. We're designed to know our creator, we're made to love, we're created for love and true love came and gave His life for us so that we can truly know and we can truly be changed.

I have a deeper revelation of love than ever before.

There's a song by Nichole Nordeman called "What If" and it basically challenges the argument of God not being real. I absolutel love the words and I wanted to post them on here...

What If

What if you're right He was just another nice guy
What if you're right
What if it's true
They say the cross will only make a fool of you
And what if it's true
What if He takes His place in history
With all the prophets and the kings
Who taught us love, and came in peace
But then the story ends
What then

But what if you're wrong What if there's more
What if there's hope you never dreamed of hoping for
What if you jump Just close your eyes
What if the arms that catch you, catch you by surprise
What if He's more than enough
What if it's love

What if you dig
Way down deeper than your simple-minded friends
What if you dig
What if you find
A thousand more unanswered questions down inside
That's all you find
What if you pick apart the logic And begin to poke the holes
What if the crown of thorns is no more than fokelore that must be told And retold

But what if you're wrong What if there's more
What if there's hope you never dreamed of hoping for
What if you jump Just close your eyes
What if the arms that catch you, catch you by surprise
What if He's more than enough
What if it's love


Cause you've been running as fast as you can
You've been looking for a place you can land
For so long But what if you're wrong
What if you jump Just close your eyes
What if the arms that catch you, catch you by surprise
What if He's more than enough
What if it's love What if it's love

No comments: