Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Enjoying my single-ness ;) ?

The 4th of July is in two days, how exciting! I can hardly believe that we're already halfway through 2008, it's crazy how fast this year has flown by! I am excited about this month. I absolutely love the 4th of July, my best friend moved back home this week and I leave for Mexico in exactly 15 days! Life is grand as of now, haha.

My "single"-ness has yet to be altered. It's kind of weird when all of the people you grew up with are beginning to get engaged, are getting married and having kids, actually it's really weird! I feel old. 21 is a seemingly young age. Yes, I have my whole life ahead of me. No, I am not complaining and I am not in any rush (or am I?). Okay I'll admit it, when I bought those cute dishes last week I did wish that I had a little house of my own to put them in, instead they are sitting in the back of my SUV. My closet has shrunk, or maybe my clothing collection has just gotten much larger =\. Whatever the case, I have outgrown my room. Now I'm complaining. I shouldn't, I am blessed. I have so much more than I need and I certainly love that I don't have to pay rent, water, electicity etc. As of now, I only pay my car payment, insurance, cell phone bill and of course the rest goes into my gas tank (well not literally but a lot..ha). Yeah, I think I'll stay home until I either move or get married. I don't really see the sense in wasting money on rent when I don't need to. I'd much rather save that money. And then of course it would always be nice to go on dates, get dressed up, enjoy the mystery of it all, fall hopelessly in love and have someone you can share every special moment with. Haha, did I just say that?

Meagan and I had a nice conversation last night. We also determined that there is in fact no one here for us...haha. Possibly our paths just have not crossed. I'm beginning to sound like a sulking, hopeless romantic, you know one of those girls who daydream all the time about that perfect man they are going to marry, the ones who already have their weddings planned before they've even met their groom and their kids are already named. Of course every girl dreams but I assure you I am not one to dwell on these things continually. I am enjoying my single-ness (for now) and if I happen to meet that special someone then so be it, if not then life still goes on. I'm not going to live day to day depressed because I'm single. I'm young and I have so much ahead of me!

I wonder if the purity ring on my left ring finger gives off the wrong impression =\

haha, I'm pathetic.

the end.

Have a blessed day!

-amber

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy your singleness girl! God put my hubby in my path as soon as I embraced being alone. I'm certain your Mr. Right will come along when you least expect it :-D

Be proud of your purity ring. I stopped wearing mine in college, got off track but then God was gracious enough to bring me back to Him!

Sarah Bradshaw said...

I agree with Andrea. Keep that ring on! I'm 23 and proudly wear mine every day. I stopped for awhile last year, but then I stumbled across an interview about purity and chastity with the group BarlowGirl (www.barlowgirl.com), and they mentioned that they all wear their purity rings, and with pride. I thought, "If these girls can be Christian pop stars, gorgeous, proudly single in their mid- to late-twenties, and still wear their purity rings, then I can wear mine, too." I put it back on, and haven't taken it off since.

I'm still decidedly single, too. No one on the horizon, either. It gets lonely sometimes, and I don't always know the best ways to handle singleness. But I believe with all of my heart that God can-- and does-- fully satisfy. And as much as I might think that I know what and who would work for me, I have to admit that I don't know myself well enough to say such a thing. But God does. And I'm content to rest the matter in His hands.

Keep your chin up, girlie. He is faithful.